Lots of people ask us for more role-playing scenarios, so here’s one we haven’t tried yet: shoplifter and police officer.
(If you haven’t read the how-to do sexual role-playing post yet, you might want to start there. Don’t worry… it’s normal to feel a little silly and awkward at first!)
The setup: The shoplifter is suspected of stealing something, and the police officer has been called to investigate. This scenario seems particularly suitable for either spouse to play either role, but I’m going to write this up as if the wife is the Shoplifter and the husband is the Officer. It’s important to remember that role-playing is play. Both spouses should be comfortable and have fun, even though the play puts the Officer in a position of power.
The Shoplifter and Police Officer scenario is fun for several reasons:
- Power exchange. The power dynamic between the Officer and the Shoplifter is fun to play with. The Shoplifter can’t leave until the Officer is satisfied — satisfied that nothing was stolen, of course. The Officer may be completely upright in his approach, but he needs to search the Shoplifter very thoroughly before he can let her go. Or maybe the Officer has other intentions and sees this as an opportunity to take advantage of the beautiful and vulnerable Shoplifter. Or maybe the Shoplifter decides to seduce the Officer so she can escape with her stolen goods. There are several different ways to play the scenario.
- Familiar emotional hooks. Even if you’ve never shoplifted or caught a shoplifter, the emotional hooks in this scenario should be pretty straight forward. The Shoplifter wants to get away, with or without her stolen goods. The Officer wants to catch the thief… or maybe he can be convinced to look the other way. Can the Officer find the stolen items that the Shoplifter has hidden around her body? Can the Shoplifter talk her way out of the situation, or maybe use her mouth in some other way?
- Clear goals. The goals are pretty straight forward, since we know the Shoplifter is guilty. Phase 1: The Shoplifter has hidden a few small items around her body, and the Officer needs to find them. The Shoplifter will try to avoid being searched, but she grudgingly complies with the Officer’s instructions. Phase 2: Eventually the Officer will find the stolen items and tell the Shoplifter that she’s in big trouble. The Shoplifter will realize the seriousness of the situation and try to find some other way out. How far is she willing to go to satisfy the Officer and avoid arrest?
Here’s a note that the Officer can send to the Shoplifter in advance to set things up. (You can adjust the language if the Shoplifter is initiating the scenario.)
You are being detained for suspicion of shoplifting. You will meet Officer El Fury in the detention room at 8pm so that he can question you and search you for stolen goods. This is a very serious situation, and your cooperation is required. (Hide 1-3 small items (like jewelry) on your person and meet me in our bedroom at 8pm.)
Each spouse should complete their preparations before the designated start time. Potential props to prepare in advance:
- Jewelry or stolen goods. The Shoplifter should hide some small, valuable items on her person.
- Detention room. The Officer should prepare the detention room with any investigatory props they may want to use: notebook and pen, handcuffs, (fake) camera, (fake) tape recorder.
- Lube, vibrator, washcloth. All the usual tools and toys.
Here are some tips for the Officer and ideas for things he can say.
- Dress like a police detective, including a badge, a notebook for clues, and handcuffs.
- Attitude. You should stand and loom over the sitting Shoplifter. Walk around her in a superior manner. Ask intrusive questions and make her defend herself from your accusations.
- Questions. Ask a lot of vague and threatening questions.
- Searching. Put your hands all over the Shoplifter and search her for stolen goods. Make her remove her clothes, one piece at a time. Dismiss her objections, since you’re just doing your job.
- “You’re not leaving this room until my investigation is complete.”
- “I’m sure you’re innocent, but I’ve got to search you just to make sure.” “You don’t have anything to hide, do you?”
- “Do you know why you’re here?” “When I search you, am I going to find anything?”
- “If you have stolen anything I’m going to find it, and you’re going to go to jail.”
- “You’re going to jail unless you convince me otherwise.”
- “Take off your shirt. Fold it and put it on the table.” Make a show of searching her shirt and then feeling around her naked skin.
- “Take off your pants/skirt. Fold them and put them on the table.”
- “I need you to take off your bra. You could have something hidden in there.” Rub your fingers all over her skin, as if there could be something hidden anywhere.
- “I need you to take off your panties. I can’t let you go until I’ve finished searching you.”
- “Lift up your arms.” “Spread your legs.” “Turn around and bend over.”
- “I can’t give you your clothes back until my investigation is complete.”
- “I can feel how wet you are. I can see your nipples are hard. Is this turning you on?” “It looks like this is arousing you. Are you enjoying this? Do you think this is a game?”
- “Considering all this jewelry you stole, you’re going to spend the next two years in jail. Why shouldn’t I arrest you?”
- “If you want me to let you go, you’re going to have to give me a reason.” “Why should I risk my job for you?” “What’s in it for me?”
- “I really don’t want to send you to jail. Maybe we can find you a way out of this. What can you offer me?”
- “I know you’re a naughty girl. Why don’t you show me how naughty?”
- “Are you a good girl or a bad girl?” “Good girls get down on their knees. Bad girls get spanked first.”
- “Yes, you can pay your fine directly to me. One orgasm for each of us.”
- “You did the crime, now you have to put in the work to get us both off.”
Here are some tips for the Shoplifter and ideas for things she can say.
- Dress in clothes that will be fun to search and remove, and that you can hide your stolen goods in. Hide the goods all over your body so the Officer has to search everywhere to find them all.
- Attitude. There are a lot of ways you can play this. You can be bratty and annoyed that you’re under suspicion, or scared at the prospect of going to jail, or angry and defiant, or eager and apologetic. Mix it up and change your attitude through the course of the scenario. Though you might be resistant and resentful, you should (eventually) comply with the Officer’s requests. If you want the scenario to get more physically rough then make sure you talk about it beforehand.
- Make the Officer’s job difficult. Never reveal any stolen items, make him find them. Deny and deflect. Turn away. Refuse to follow instructions (at first).
- “This is ridiculous, I didn’t steal anything.” “You can’t prove anything.” “Let me go.”
- “You want to search me? No way, you can’t do that.” “You can’t just touch me like that!”
- “Wait, I could go to jail? For what?” “I don’t know how that got there.”
- “Why do I have to take off my shirt? Can’t you just pat me down or something? Ok ok, fine, I’ll take it off.”
- “My pants too? This is ridiculous.”
- “You want me to take off my bra? Is this necessary?” “And my panties?”
- “Ok, so I stole a few things. It’s not that big a deal. You found them, so can I go now?”
- “Can I have my clothes back and get dressed?”
- “Maybe there’s some other way we can deal with this.” “Is there some way I can pay a fine to you right now and make this all go away?”
- “Listen, I don’t want to get arrested.” “What do you want me to do?” “Just tell me, I’ll do anything to avoid jail.”
- “I’ve never done this before.” “I can’t believe I’m doing this.”
- “I’m a good girl. Let me prove it to you.”
- “Yes I’m a bad girl, but I’ve never been caught before. You deserve some kind of reward.” “Maybe you can teach me to be a good girl.”
- “So if I give us each an orgasm then I can go?” “I’ll do whatever it takes.”
Afterwards, break the scene and leave your roles. The game is over (for now), so go back to being your normal selves. Have a good cuddle. Talk about your favorite parts of the scene. Later on, after the glow wears off, discuss anything you didn’t like and wouldn’t choose to do again. If your spouse really liked some element that wasn’t your favorite, negotiate and compromise and find the common ground that works for your marriage.
Have you ever role-played with your spouse in a scenario like this before? Did you enjoy it? Leave a comment and share your experience.