A survey of 2,000 sexually active American adults has revealed the top activities that are on our sexual bucket lists. (It’s a little hard to read, but that’s the best image I could find.)
It may not surprise you that the bucket lists for men and women are different, but there are five overlapping wishes! Both men and women say they want to:
- Have sex in the water.
- Have sex in the car. (And here are instructions for building a DIY vibrator for your car.)
- Roleplay. (“Professor and Student”, “Bratty Wife”, “Pirates and Poetry”, and general sexual role-playing tips.)
- Use a sex toy. (And we’ve written quite a lot about vibrators.)
- Phone sex. (We’ve had some requests to write about phone sex, but we’re not very knowledgeable on the topic.)
It’s surprising to me that three bondage-related activities make the top-10 for women (being tied-up, being handcuffed, and being blindfolded) while zero make the top-10 for men. We’ve written several posts about bondage, and they’re some of our most popular.
- Bondage for Beginners: What, Why, and How
- Intro to Shibari, Japanese Rope Bondage
- Under-the-Mattress Restraint System
Husband: if you want to try bondage but have been embarrassed to bring it up with your wife, these bucket lists indicate that you might be in for a fun surprise!
The only items on these top-10 lists that are off-limits for Christians are threesomes and one night stands.
So, now that you’ve read the results from this survey you’re probably thinking, how can I use this? Here are a few ideas.
- Show the bucket lists above to your spouse. Talk about what’s on each list, and maybe it will open up a dialog between the two of you that reveals some new activities you’d both enjoy — or at least be willing to try!
- Create your own bucket lists. You and your spouse can create your own top-10 lists to share with each other. If you need inspiration, check out our “Would You Rather?” sex game — it has dozens of activities you can talk about, accept, or reject. If you’re too shy for that, you can use an online sex questionnaire that hides any mismatched ideas from your spouse to avoid embarrassment.
- Roll the dice. After you’ve made your bucket lists, put the the items in a hat or roll dice to randomly select an activity to do together. Add the items to your sexy jenga list!
- Check things off. If you’re like us, the best thing about a list is getting to check things off. If you do one bucket list item each week you’ll be amazed at how fast you’re trying new things.
- Talk about it afterwards. After you check off one of your items, talk about it together. Did you enjoy it? Would you do it again? How could it be more fun next time? Maybe it’s a once-a-month activity, or only for special occasions, or maybe you want to do it again right away!
What’s on your sexual bucket list? Inspire the rest of us by leaving your ideas in the comments.