If you’ve showered together then you probably know what can go wrong: you bump in to each other a lot, and you have to wait for access to the soap and water. Horrible! Sexy Corte and I have developed a shower dance that deconflicts our use of shower resources, and there’s one simple trick that makes it all possible: we get in and out of the shower at different times.
If we get into the shower at the same time, then we both want access to the water and soap at the same time too, and one of us has to wait on the other. However, if we stagger our entrances to the shower then our work is syncopated and we aren’t both trying to do the same thing at the same time. Magic! Usually I let Sexy Corte get in first, and then I get in after she gets wet. (Ahem.) In this way, we can naturally alternate our use of water and soap so that neither of us has to wait on the other.
Here’s an example sequence of events. As you can see, because we get in at different times we can easily take turns doing activities that require the water (bolded).
- Sexy Corte gets in the shower and gets wet. El Fury does whatever, outside the shower.
- Sexy Corte shampoos her hair. El Fury gets in and gets wet.
- Sexy Corte rinses her hair. El Fury soaps his face.
- Sexy Corte conditions her hair. El Fury rinses his face.
- Sexy Corte rinses her hair. El Fury soaps his body.
- Sexy Corte soaps her body. El Fury rinses his body.
- Sexy Corte rinses her body. El Fury gets out.
- Sexy Corte turns the water up to 200 degrees, washes her face, etc. El Fury dries off.
This post sure is exciting, isn’t it? Well, here’s a sex angle: if taking a shower with your spouse is easy and convenient, you’re more likely to have sex in the shower.
Do you take showers with your spouse? Leave a comment!
Update: In the comments Ann points out that I missed an incredibly important tip:
She soaps her body & he soaps his own? Boring!! Soaping each other is very sensual. You could condition her hair & massage her scalp—in case you aren’t aware, a woman getting her hair washed at the salon by a hairdresser is often compared to being almost as good as sex!! Much better that she think of the last shower with her husband when she is leaned back for that salon experience—she could come home wanting her new hairdo messed up…😉