Sexy Corte is planning a podcast episode about sex and art, and as we were discussing it I came up with the idea for the project behind this post: what’s it like to create art while sexually aroused? We’re pretty pleased with how it turned out, and there are many ways to take the idea farther than we did this time.
The project behind this post is pretty simple: Sexy Corte created an acrostic of marital sex advice while I stimulated her with a vibrator and zoom technique. I didn’t tell her what we’d be doing until we started, so she came up with everything below while sexually aroused.
- A: Acknowledge your sexuality
- B: Balls and breasts, lick and caress them
- C: Clitoris, where it is and what it can do
- D: Delight in your bodies
- E: Explore your bodies, explore your sexuality
- F: Forgiveness
- G: Generosity
- H: Hugs
- I: Be Interested and Interesting
- J: Job, blow
- K: Keep on, persevere
- L: Love each other
- M: Manage your time
- N: Be Naked
- O: Orgasms
- P: Penis
- Q: Quiver in sexual response
- R: Release control, let go
- S: Suck
- T: Don’t be Tense
- U: Understand your spouse’s needs
- V: Vibrator
- W: Wiggle on your husband’s lap
- X: Make your marriage X-rated
- Y: Focus on You and Your spouse
- Z: Zoom technique
I don’t know if acrostics are “art”, but the process of creating this list was definitely performance art and extremely erotic. I think that the prompt and structure of the acrostic was critical for making this project work — if I had given Sexy Corte a completely blank slate she would not have been able to create anything substantial under the circumstances. As it was, she struggled to focus on the task at hand.
Here are a few others ideas for artwork you could create while being sexually aroused by your spouse. You might want to consider using non-sexual themes so that the resulting artwork can be displayed in public areas of your home!
- Painting or drawing: prompt the artist with a scene or situation to create, or have the artist copy an existing work.
- Lettering or calligraphy: have the artist copy a poem or Bible verse with an elaborate style.
- Poetry: give the artist a prompt for writing a short poem.
- Music: prompt the artist to compose a short piece of music.
- Lego or other model: have the artist assemble a model.
- Singing or reading: if you’re brave, record audio of the artist reciting a poem or passage from a book, singing a song, or playing music.
If you’re feeling ambitious you can even take on a larger project that can’t be completed in a single session — and the artist is only allowed to work on the piece while being sexually stimulated by the spouse!
Have you ever created any art while sexually stimulated? Do you have ideas for more art projects? Leave us a comment below!