Some of the best marriage advice I ever heard was this: “no one will respect your spouse more than you do”. You set the tone for how your friends, family, co-workers see your spouse. Let me ask, how are you doing? I am part of a woman’s group at our church and it’s amazing how fast a simple complaint about a husband can snowball. Everyone has a story to share or a frustration that can be topped. While most of the time it’s playful, I don’t always find it to be honoring to our husbands. I am sure the same thing can occur in men’s groups. We should lovingly guard our spouse’s reputation. Here are a few ideas how:
- When you are talking about your spouse, try to speak about them in ways that it wouldn’t matter if they overheard what you were saying.
- Say good things! If you talk about your spouse in a positive way, it’s likely to make you feel more loving towards them. A session of complaining about your spouse will often make you have a negative attitude towards them. Think about how you want your spouse to talk about and treat you, then try to emulate that.
- Tame your tongue. The writer of James was right in James 3:8 “it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison”. Before you speak, think.
- Be careful about who you talk about your spouse to when you have a problem. If your mom doesn’t particularly like your husband, definitely don’t share any marital problems with her.
- When you are in a group that the conversation heads towards talking about spouse’s in a bad way, redirect. Try to have topics on hand that you can switch to.
- 1st Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love.
Welcome back for another installment of the best Christian sex links on the internet! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.
Is my penis big enough? and Is my vagina tight enough?
Giving a great hand job — more techniques than I knew existed.
“Lean Forward” into better sex — “I love the idea of women leaning forward – putting just a little extra energy and “muscle” into creating a great sex life with their husbands.”
What does it mean to respect him? and The respect knob — It isn’t intuitive for husbands to love and wives to respect.
The benefits of paying for sex — Spend some money to get the kids and chores out of the way so you can have better sex with your spouse.
Is being valued for sex such a bad thing? — “I thought I wanted my husband to value all of me—my whole self! However, what I really meant was that I wanted my husband to value me for everything else—but not for sex.”
Craving more in the bedroom? — Lots of ideas, plus a link back here!
God designed women to enjoy sex even more than men — are you? But it’s not all about orgasms.
That’s all for this week. Share your thoughts below!
Hey there, it’s been a while! Time for some awesome sex links. We’ve got some catching up to do!
The ONE Tip That Will Make Sex Feel Great!
When you’re making love, simply ask yourself these two questions:
What feels good right now?
Where do I want to be touched right now?
What Does He Really Want Sexually? — Don’t ask if you don’t want to know. It’s hard to share what you really want.
Slow Side by Side Sex — A relaxing position.
Why are men obsessed with breasts? — Because they’re awesome? Also some survey results about rough sex.
Don’t have sex in the dark — Watching your spouse orgasm is amazing. Maintain eye contact.
“My Husband Can’t Make Me Submit to Him or Respect Him!” — Husbandly love and wifely submission are not optional, they are commanded by God.
10 Foam Roller Exercercises To Relieve Muscle Soreness And Better Sex — Shoot, we just threw our foam roller away!
Sleeping Naked: 5 Amazing Reasons It’s Good For Your Health — We used to do better with this… but kids.
When Bad Language is a Turn On During Sex. Is This Okay? — Yes.
Can Sex Be Used as Comfort? Yes, But… — Good post. Do you and your spouse use sex to comfort each other? I don’t think Sexy Corte and I do, but maybe we could try?
What a quickie taught us about sexual intimacy. — “He told me what he wanted: a good orgasm that happened as soon as possible.”
Sometimes, Your Husband Needs a Girlfriend — Remember how we acted when we were dating?
That’s it for now! If you’ve got a link you want to share please post it in the comments.
We talk a lot about sex and what turns us on, so I thought it would be good to address the flip side of that. I want to say first that this is not a retaliation post directed at El Fury.
- Swearing/vulgarity – This is very unattractive for both men and women. I have always appreciated that El Fury doesn’t swear. He doesn’t need obnoxious filler words to express what he is saying. Now, in the right moment, talking a little dirty can be pretty sexy. Choose those moments wisely.
- Low self esteem – There is a difference between this and humility. I think you can still be humble and have confidence.
- Arrogance – While low self esteem is unattractive, don’t go over-board. Cockiness is just as bad. Again, a quiet confidence is very hot. From a woman’s perspective, It assures me that you are going to be able to make good decisions for our family, as well as take charge in the bedroom. I am sure this is just as unattractive on a woman.
- Rejection – I am an affection giver. I frequently like to give hugs, pats and kisses to El Fury whenever he is within reach. If he is working in his office I like to give drive-by affection. On occasion if this isn’t well received, I feel a sense of rejection. It makes me uninterested in later sexy time. If you can’t accept a peck on the cheek now, why should I want to engage when it’s convenient for you? You should never be too busy that you won’t welcome a love pat from your spouse.
- Disrespect – I am disappointed at how I see people treat their spouses sometimes. The way they talk to them or about them can be very disrespectful. No one will respect your spouse more than you do.
- Take a shower! – Even if you can’t smell yourself, your spouse can. Plus, there is nothing better than the feel of clean skin on skin.
- Laziness – It means a lot when spouses help each other out.
Next time your spouse isn’t acting very amorous towards you, stop and think if you’ve done something to turn them off. Then figure out a way to turn it back on!