Have you ever wanted to have sex in space? This in-depth analysis makes space-sex sound like a lot of work.
“Even the lightest touch can make it difficult to stay in contact if both persons are not properly anchored.
“The astronauts would need to brace themselves against the space station, and even each other.
“A shared sleeping bag, or similar, would perhaps be the most useful.”
Or velcro-covered suits with strategically-placed openings?
“Because of the micro-gravity environment sweat and tears don’t run down the astronaut’s bodies like it does hear on Earth, instead it pools like small ponds of fluid near where it was secreted.
“If the motion is vigorous enough it could be ejected from the surface of the body.
“That seems decidedly un-romantic while also possibly bringing challenges to physical movements.”
However, the academic believes that despite the difficulties a couple “could certainly become aroused and reach climax in space. “
There was a report several years ago that NASA had performed space-sex “experiments”, but it turned out to be a hoax.
In his book The Last Mission, French author Pierre Kohler claimed that NASA had commissioned a study on sexual positions in outer space. He cited a fictional document, widely available online, that describes subjects experimenting with 10 different positions, six of which required an elastic band or sleeping-baglike tube to keep the couple together in zero gravity.
I haven’t been able to find the “widely available” document, but if anyone sees it please post a link in the comments! In the meantime, scientists can only speculate:
He said: “Any mechanism that would help keep the bodies of the couple pressed together, like a sleeping bag anchored to the wall, would help facilitate intercourse. “In that situation – a couple in a sleeping bag – the natural positions would either be missionary – face-to-face – or in a spooning position. “So, I would guess that either of those positions would be the most likely to succeed.
Where would you most want to have sex if you could get away with it? Let us know in the comments.
We’ve posted about our sex robot before, and I’m happy to report that we use it almost every day! As robots proliferate in coming decades, I’m looking forward to at least one more kind of sex robot: autonomous cars! Just think of how much car sex you’ll be having when your car can drive itself.
Self-driving cars will change the way we travel and work. But according to researchers studying the potential implications of autonomous vehicles (AVs), they could also have a profound impact on another aspect of life: How we have sex.
“One of the starting points was that AVs will provide new forms of competition for hotels and restaurants. People will be sleeping in their vehicles, which has implications for roadside hotels. And people may be eating in vehicles that function as restaurant pods,” says Scott Cohen, deputy director of research of the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the University of Surrey in the U.K., who led the study. “That led us to think, besides sleeping, what other things will people do in cars when free from the task of driving? And you can see that in the long association of automobiles and sex that’s represented in just about every coming-of-age movie. It’s not a big leap.”
Car sex is great, and having a robotic driver will really open up your options.
- Have sex on the way to the restaurant! Having sex before your date instead of after ensures you won’t run out of energy before the climax of your night.
- Have sex anywhere! A parked car can be fine for sex, but sometimes it attracts attention. A moving vehicle is more private.
- Have sex while “running an errand”! If you’re spending holiday time away from home, you and your spouse can “run to the store” real quick — but really have the car drive you around randomly while you have sex.
- Have sex with scenic views! Like having sex on a train, you can watch the beautiful scenery rolling by while you make love.
Do you enjoy car sex? Any other ideas for what you’d do if neither you nor your spouse had to drive?
We’ve written that your master bedroom is for sex (and part 2) and if you’re like most people, that’s probably where you do it the most. You’ve probably got all your fun sex stuff hidden away in there, ready for action… but maybe you’re missing one thing: a blowjob chair!
Of course, your bedroom chair isn’t just for oral sex. Chairs are very versatile pieces of furniture!
And you’ll find more fun things to do once the chair is in place! If you’ve got any more ideas, leave a comment.
Reader “J” asks:
What thoughts (feelings, emotions, etc.) have gone through your mind when you and El Fury have had sex in a “public” place?
The thought of something like that sounds so exciting and exhilarating to me, but my wife has zero interest. The idea came to me when reading a book where the author wrote about overhearing his children discussing their favorite “public” places to get it on.
Any advice on how to turn something like that into something enjoyable for my wife?
That’s a great question!
The first time we did it in “public” I was honestly terrified. There was a big part of me that was hoping El Fury would call my bluff. I was so worried someone would catch us in the act, or we would get in trouble or something. But then once we got into it, it was incredibly sexy and fun. There was so much desire, it felt like we simply had to have each other right then and there. It was also a great bonding moment. I had no idea either of us were that adventurous! Here is my post about our first public place: an ancient beehive hut. One of the best parts of this experience is that it wasn’t contrived, it just happened. It’s one of my favorite memories. We’ve had other “public” sex, and they have all been fun, but to me the best ones are when we aren’t planning it and we just get lost in the moment. Like I said in my post, it’s important to make sexual memories. Doing it in public is definitely memorable! Just don’t get caught!
As for making your wife comfortable, she’s probably just nervous. When you want to try it, you might want to make sure that it is a secure enough public place that she feels comfortable that you won’t get caught. We have had sex on hiking trails where we are far enough away from the main trail that we can see if anyone is approaching. Also, let her determine what state of undress she wants to get in. We typically keep all of our clothes on and only expose the necessary bits so that we can cover up fast if we need to.
Here is a previous posts about sex in public places that discusses preparation, locations, and technique. You may also enjoy wearing a vibrator in public.
Please use the contact pages for Sexy Corte and El Fury to send us your questions. We will only share your question if you give us permission, and we’ll never reveal your name or any other identifying information. You can ask questions anonymously, or use a free anonymous email server like Mailinator.
(To catch up, here’s part 1 of “wearing and using a vibrator in public”.)
I won’t claim I can sew, but I can handle a needle well enough to stitch up torn seams in my clothes. Being able to fix stuff is part of being a man, and being able to fix clothes means that you need to learn a little bit about sewing.
One side benefit of my novice sewing skill is that I can undertake fun projects like this: sewing a remote controlled vibrator into Sexy Corte’s panties.
We’ve got an event coming up that requires a babysitter, so it’s also a great opportunity for some play and experimentation. You can buy panty/vibrator sets that go together and the panties have little pouches to hold the vibrator in place, but the combo can cost nearly $100. It’s much cheaper to buy the remote controlled vibrator by itself and then sew a pouch into an existing pair of panties.
I’m planning to do the sewing this evening and I’ll post a picture of the end product when it’s complete. After the event itself we’ll post an after-action report.
Update: Read about the actual experience.
Roll a six-sided die twice and consult the tables. Use the “Even” table is your first roll is even, and the “Odd” table if your first roll is odd.
First roll was even:
- Our bedroom
- Our bathroom
- Living room, family room, TV room
- Office, computer room
- Laundry room
First roll was odd:
- A bedroom, not ours
- A bathroom, not ours
- A hallway
- An unfinished part of the house (basement, attic, etc.)
- Back yard
- Wife’s choice, but not from these lists
The holidays have been (justifiably!) distracting us from our computers for the last few weeks, so posting has been light… but now that we’re deep into January we’re going to be getting a little more regular here.
One of our kids has been obsessed with the blanket fort that Sexy Corte built for her in her bedroom. Naturally SC and I couldn’t resist kissing a little in the fort while our kids played outside, which led to the realization that we need to build a giant pillow fort for ourselves! We’ve got a miscellaneous relationship date coming up, and we’re going to celebrate by building an awesome Sex Fort. Hopefully we don’t knock it down while we’re playing in it.
Nothing heightens sexual arousal like danger — that’s why the hero and heroine fall into a passionate embrace after saving the world and vanquishing the villain. Even though you may not have many opportunities to save your spouse’s life, or the world, you can introduce a little risk to your sexy time by getting into it in public places. I’ve written about car sex already, but let’s be a little more adventurous. First we’ll talk about locations, and then we’ll talk a little about technique.
- Wilderness areas are a great place to have sex in public. Forests, mountains, hills, copses of trees, and even piles of rocks can provide a little privacy right off a trail. Near-wilderness areas can be particularly exciting if you can hear other hikers walking by while you’re in flagrante delicto. You’ll want to find a spot that gives you good visibility towards the more-traveled areas around you, so that if you’re surprised it will be at a distance. I like bending Sexy Corte over a fallen log or rock facing the trail, that way we can see if anyone starts heading towards us.
- Speaking of distance, just staying far away from people can be protection enough. Balconies, decks, rooftops, hilltops, cliffs, and other perches can give you enough separation from the public that you can see them and they can see you, but they can’t see what you’re doing. Your own backyard may even have a suitable spot. If your neighbors figure it out they’ll be jealous.
- Sexy Corte and I have a bit of a thing for ruins and castles (hence the banner above). Whenever we find ourselves somewhere old we’re likely to look around for a place to play. When one of us is thinking about having sex wherever we’re at, he or she will make a comment about how “old” the place looks. Lots of touristy places are lightly attended and full of hiding spots.
- “Family” restrooms are easy places to get it on, and often cleaner than the regular restrooms. You only get half credit for any location with a locking door, though.
- I’m planning to write more about camping in a later post, but tents can be excellent for sex almost anywhere. In most jurisdictions a tent counts as a “dwelling”, so you won’t get in trouble for having sex in public if you’re caught. The police may tell you that you aren’t allowed to set up camp in the middle of the park though. A tent in your backyard (or your front yard!) can be quite adventurous. If you’re quick and nimble, a pop-up tent can enable you to have sex just about anywhere.
- Water — it sounds like it would be sexy, but in my experience it’s usually more trouble than it’s worth. Any kind of water will wash away the wife’s natural lubrication very quickly, which means you need to bring some oil-based lube if you’re going to make it work comfortably. That said, if you plan ahead I’m sure that a pool or jacuzzi after-hours would be a lot of fun. Maximum points if the jacuzzi is on the back of a limousine and you’re driving down the Strip in Las Vegas.
- Sex on the beach (or in the ocean) makes me wince… the ocean is generally filthy, and I don’t relish the thought of banging a bunch of sand into Sexy Corte’s lady bits. If you’ve done this please leave a comment, because I have a hard time believing that it’s really as sexy as in the movies.
- Library or book store. Ok, we haven’t done this, but the thought of all those books turns me on.
- Tree house. No explanation needed.
- Lots of public buildings have accessible closets and empty rooms. Our church sure does. Just make sure there isn’t a Sunday School class scheduled for the next hour.
- We haven’t done this yet, but I’m eager to try some games in a movie theater. It might be hard to actually slip it to her there, but I’m sure I could drive her crazy with my fingers. We’d have to find a nice, loud action movie, but it is almost summer.
- For more privacy, try doing it right in front of an open window on a sunny day. You’ll be in shadows to anyone outside, but you can still feel naughty.
As for technique, there are a few options, but the titillating risk also limits your flexibility.
- When you’re in a public place there usually won’t be time for foreplay, so you should probably bring some lube. If you’re being spontaneous, just spit on your hand and rub it on her. It’s not romantic, but sometimes you’ve got to be quick. The wife might also want to carry some pantyliners for afterwards.
- Bend her over and take her from behind. This is the easiest, fastest position for sex in a public place, especially if your wife is wearing pants. She can bend over a tree, a rock, or lean against a wall while you penetrate her from behind, and one of you can play with her clit at the same time. She won’t need to remove her clothing, and there won’t be much to see if you’re surprised.
- If your wife is wearing a dress she can pull her panties off and sit on your lap. This is probably the safest position if you think an interruption is likely, because nothing will be visible to any interloper. It might be a little embarrassing for a stranger to see you straddling your husband, but they’ll probably move on quickly. This position gives a lot of access to the wife’s bits, and is probably the easiest way for her to orgasm from sex in a public place.
- It can also be fun to fool around without penetration. Obviously a dress makes this easier than pants. If you don’t finish, just imagine how hot and bothered you’ll both be when you get home.
- If you really want to have fun, get yourself a remote control vibrator and put it in her panties or insert it directly into her before you go out. Then play around with the controls while she tries to avoid attracting attention.
- If your wife is shy, try starting your public adventures slowly with a blow job. She won’t need to undress at all. Assuming she swallows, clean-up will also be easy.
So what are your favorite public places to get busy with your spouse? If you haven’t done it yet, where is your first adventure going to be? If you’re already a pro, please share your tips!
In general, we aren’t big fans of sex in the shower. It is often a cramped space, so finding the right position is difficult. I am not a flexible person, so we are pretty limited. Also, even though it’s really wet, it’s not the right kind of wet. (side note: if you do enjoy sex in the shower, we found a lube called Gun Oil works great.) In most cases, we use the shower for foreplay.
There are, however, certain occasions when the shower comes in really handy. On our last trip to visit family, we were having a hard time getting in our normal sexy time. Between sleeping on a twin bed and twin air mattress, the thin walls, and all the people around, it was not exactly an environment conducive to bedroom activities.
As we were getting ready, El Fury hopped in the shower with me. We were discussing our frustrations and realized we had an opportunity right then and there. The door was locked, the fan and shower muffled the noise, we were both already naked. I bent over and we did it. The spontaneity of it made it really hot too!
Shower sex is great in the right situation. But, I still prefer it on dry land.
Let’s face it: it’s difficult and awkward to have sex in the car. Sexy Corte and I don’t do it very often, but when we have it has been quite memorable. Several months ago we dropped our kids off with a friend for a quick “date night” to grab some ice cream for an hour, and we ended up making love in the car on a dead-end spur off a major road near our house. Every time we drive past the road it makes us laugh and turns us on.
So car sex can be difficult, but it’s worth it! Here are some tips:
- Keep some lube and wipes in the car. The best thing about lube is that it lets you be more spontaneous and a little quicker… although doing it in a semi-public place gets Sexy Corte pretty wet anyway. Baby wipes are handy for clean-up.
- A skirt or dress makes sex in the car a lot more convenient. Skirts and dresses are great for spontaneous quickies in any circumstance, but one of the most awkward parts of car sex is getting your clothes out of the way. A skirt or dress minimizes this problem.
- Putting your wife on top is one of the easiest car sex positions available. You can sit in a seat, slide your butt out a little, and then your wife can straddle you pretty easily, forwards or backwards. This position will let you play with her clit while she rides you and should be fun for everyone.
- The lean-over blow job is one of the best car sex positions. The name describes it all: your wife simply leans over into your lap and sucks you off. I don’t recommend doing this while you’re driving, but… we have, and it was pretty awesome. But don’t do it, it’s dangerous.
- Go to the back. If you have a van or SUV then you’ve got plenty of space to try just about any position imaginable. If your car is smaller, you may struggle to get into missionary position in the back seat, but you’ll have better luck with doggie-style.
Tell us about a time and place you’ve done it in your car! Do you have any tips to share?